Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Borden Family Papers

          At first I started posting these papers to the McManigle Blog, but after talking with a few Bloggers, I have decided that perhaps The Borden Papers should have their own Blog.  So this is it!
In September of 2010, I received a wonderful email from Mary Claire Caron. Mary Claire asked if I was related to the Borden family, I replied that yes I was. She told me that her aunt had rented a room to a Borden, and when he died, she did not know where to send his personal papers. (there were letters and a typewritten genealogy dated 1867) The aunt kept these papers, when she died, Mary Claire received them and kept them under a bed for a few years. Recently she decided to do a search to see if she could locate a relative. YAY, she found me! I received these papers and after crying and then the ‘happy dance’ I kept them in my computer area, planning to get them read, transcribed, scanned and uploaded to the internet so that I could share with other interested Borden family.
          I have not yet read the letters, except for the first two that I posted on the McManigle Blog. So this will be all new to me, as I go through the papers. I started scanning the letters at the May ScanFest. This was my first ScanFest and I was amazed how the time flew by.  I am not a fan of scanning, boring . . .  But with the chat going on with a great group of people, it was fun!
          I hope you will join me on my adventure to discovering who wrote these wonderful letters, and how they fit in to the various branches of the Borden Family.  If you know of any of these families discussed, please leave a comment and share what you know.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment